We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Whether you’re a parent, a teacher or even a student, we know you’re hanging on to the last few August days like your life depends on it, as the ‘S’ word fills you with dread.
The reality is September is coming, and with it comes hectic schedules, early mornings, an onslaught of stationary and possibly some tears at the school gate (we’re looking at you, mums and dads!).
And it looks like Twitter knows how you feel. We’ve picked out the best ever back-to-schoolisms to prove we’re all thinking the same thing. Prepare to have your faith in humanity restored as you realise you’re not alone; they might just make you laugh too.
1. The mum that knows the true value of a shopping trip
2. The mum saying what all the other frazzled mums out there are thinking
3. The ‘you’ll grow into it’ uniform spot
4. The ‘pleaaase just five more minutes before the chaos descends’ moment
5. Remembering those early starts take some getting used to…
6. …But then again…
7. The mum who knows once they’ve gone upstairs, you’ve lost them forever
8. When the summer holidays make you think some crazy thoughts
9. The mum who’s got her priorities right
10. This is certainly one way of getting round the morning school rush
11. The mum who loves the free child care otherwise known as school
12. Never. Live. It. Down.
13. When you need a cute animal video to get you through
14. It’s an A* from us Robbie
15. The realisation that there are some silver linings, like stationary sales
16. Alternatively you could just go stationary mad sale or not
17. The moment your child gets put in a class with all their friends
18. The mum that occasionally turns into the hulk
19. When you’re not sure if you’re deaf or have they actually gone?
20. The mum that forgot what she was in for
21. But, they are quite sweet really aren’t they?