Claudia Winkleman has revealed that she is still haunted by the screams of her daughter, after her Halloween costume went up in flames.
Matilda was just eight years old when her witch's costume went caught fire on Halloween 2014. The costume was set alight when her cape brushed off a candle, which was on the doorstep of a house the kids were visiting for trick or treat.
The terrifying accident left Matilda with severe burns on her leg.
Talking to Best magazine about the incident, Strictly Come Dancing host Claudia explained: 'I don't like Halloween because three years ago it turned out our screams were real.'
The mum-of-three relived every parent's nightmare, describing how her daughter screamed out for her: 'She "went up" is the only way I can describe it - it was a spark, and she screamed out for me.'
Claudia's daughter Matilda in the film I Give It A Year
'It was like those horrific birthday candles that you blow out and they come backm' she continued. 'It was really fast. It was definitely life-changing for me.'
Claudia appeared on BBC's Watchdog, in an episode dedicated to testing the flammability of kids' Halloween costumes.
She discussed the incident, saying: 'I was talking to somebody and then I heard her shout and she was on fire.
'It feels like she was on fire for hours, but the surgeon said it was probably just seconds.'
In previous years, Claudia - who is also mum to sons Arthur and Jake - has joked about how she had 'tried to cancel' Halloween, but that proved to be 'overly ambitious.'
Little Matilda spent a month in hospital, with Claudia and her husband Kris Thykier praising the NHS for their 'extraordinary' care.
Her accident led to the tightening of the flammability standard of children's Halloween costumes.
Has Claudia's expereince made you think twice about the costumes you buy? Let us know in the comments box below.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodToKnow is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Move over, mum and dad: kids are turning to grandparents for life advice, a new study finds
Grandparents have a fountain of knowledge and research says grandkids are seeking out their sound advice
By Daniella Gray Published
This is the real reason why babies put everything in their mouth, according to an expert (and no, it's not just because they're teething)
A new survey has revealed the top items babies love to put in their mouths - but the reason why they do it might surprise you.
By Ellie Hutchings Published