John Lewis recalls My First Doll toys over choking hazard

  • We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
  • John Lewis has issued a recall warning for four products of their My First Doll collection, over concerns that they could be a choking hazard for children.

    The retailer issued a statement recalling four different toys from the My First Doll collection, over fears that children could choke on one of the doll’s eyes.

    Publishing a statement on their website, John Lewis explained: ‘The safety of our customers is very important to us, so as a precaution we’re recalling the following products as there is a risk part of the eye may become detached and present a potential choking hazard.’

    Part of the My First Doll collection, the products recalled are the My first doll, girl; My first doll, boy; Baby twin set; and the My first doll bumper set.

    One of the dolls being recalled by John Lewis

    Customers who bought one of the four products since 27th of September should take them off children immediately, and return them to a John Lewis store as soon as possible, where they can get a full refund.

    The announcement continues: ‘If you have bought one of these items from us since 27 September 2017, please stop using it, and return it to your nearest John Lewis or Waitrose Food & Home shop as soon as possible for a full refund.

    ‘We’re very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this product recall may cause you.’

    According to the company’s statement, only products with the batch code 1702 and 1703 – which can be checked on the back of the box and the sew-in label – are affected.

    However, parents who remain concerned even if the products bought are from a different batch can also return them and get a full refund.

    A spokesperson for the retailer said: ‘The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and as a precaution we recalled these products in December. We apologise for the inconvenience and the disappointment caused to our customers by this product recall.’