12 reasons we wish Olivia Colman was our best friend
Olivia Colman is one of the nicest ladies in the acting business. From her parenting philosophies to her amazing wardrobe, here are 12 reasons we wish she was our pal...
From comedy genius to super-sharp detective, Olivia Colman is one amazing on-screen star - but it's not just her dedication to her roles that we love her for.
From her parenting philosophies to her amazing wardrobe, here are 12 reasons we wish she was our pal...
1. Firstly (obviously!) she's an absolutely brilliant actress...
From Peep Show to Twenty Twelve, Hot Fuzz to Broadchurch, she can make us laugh or cry at the drop of a hat.
2. Seriously, there's a reason she's won so many awards!
BAFTAs, Empire Awards, Sundance Film Festival prizes...she must have more than one mantlepiece.
3. She can rock red carpet style like nobody's business...
Um, when can we raid this wardrobe?
4. ...but also looks fab dressed down
Comfy, cosy - just like us around the house.
5. Plus, any woman that would rather go barefoot than suffer in a pair of heels is automatically our kinda gal
Who needs footwear when you're carrying a gong?!
6. She doesn't take herself too seriously...
Not just on telly - she's hilarious in interviews too. Forgetting her character name on Jonathan Ross was a high point...
7. ...and isn't afraid to show her emotions
Remember this Bafta acceptance speech? What a sweetheart.
8. She's got the BEST life philosophies
9. She's honest about motherhood...
In an interview, Olivia revealed: "I always assumed I'd be a terribly patient mum but it turns out I'm not!" Us too, Olivia, us too.
10. ...and doesn't try to hide her flaws...
"If I didn't have children I might be more of a lush than I am. I like booze. I struggle with smoking. And I'm a big swearer. I'm trying to rein it in but I do think it's a nice seasoning of language."
Girl. After. Our. Hearts.
11. She's always smiling
It's near impossible to find a picture of her where she's not baring those pearly whites.
12. And she's known as one of the nicest actresses in the industry.
Meryl Streep calls her 'divinely gifted'. And we all know Meryl's right about everything.
So Olivia, if you ever want to pop round ours for a cuppa, the kettle's always on.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
When is Springwatch starting and who are the presenters for 2023?
As Springwatch starts there's plenty of wildlife moments ahead and the return of familiar faces, it promises to be well worth the wait.
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Gemma Collins says she hasn’t ruled out having children and ‘could have a child at 50’ if she changes her mind
"It’s a big commitment but it’s also very rewarding"
By Charlie Elizabeth Culverhouse • Published