Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These delicious courgette matchsticks make a nice change to oven chips - and they're a great way of getting the kids to eat more veg!
- 600g baby courgettes
- olive oil, for deep-frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Top and tail the courgettes and cut them in half lengthways. Cut out the white centre and seeds, if there are any, (this part is too watery for frying), and slice the the remainder into batons. Cut these in half widthways so that you are left with matchsticks about 5cm long.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep pan until slightly smoking.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and eggs together to make a light batter. Season with salt and pepper. Dip a handful of the courgette matchsticks into the batter, then plunge them into the hot oil. Deepfry in batches, separating them with a spoon, until they crisp, about 4–5 minutes. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Top Tip for making Antonio Carluccio's courgette fries
Antonio and Gennaro say: 'Courgettes are probably the most used vegetable in Italy, although they are not given the praise that they deserve.Though the courgette may be humble, it produces wonderful results. It can be eaten raw, fried in slices, baked or grilled whole, stuffed, included in both lasagne and parmigiani'
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough
Tom Kerridge's crab mayo on griddled sourdough is the perfect healthy recipe you can enjoy making and eating at home. It's so easy to make and looks impressive too.
By Tom Kerridge • Published
Creme Egg cupcakes
By Victoria Threader • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Mum shares insanely easy and cheap hack to clean the pesky dust behind your radiators
By Selina Maycock • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Last updated