This is a really simple salad that can be served as a side or works equally as well as a light meal. Avocados are great for the skin and the ginger and honey dressing gives the salad a really rich flavour. It takes minutes to prepare so is a great way to serve your family a quick healthy meal. The red colour of the endive and radicchio plays beautifully against the green of the avocado, it often gets dubbed as a Christmas salad due to the mix of colours.
- 4tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 2tsp mustard
- 2 large avocados
- 1 beetroot sliced
- 300g mixed endive and radicchio salad
- 200g chestnut mushrooms finely sliced
- The first thing you need to do is prepare the salad dressing. Do this by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, ginger and mustard. Set this aside whilst you prepare the salad.
- Slice the avocado, beetroot and mushrooms and mix with the salad leaves.
- Cover with the dressing and serve.
Top Tip for making Avocado salad
People are often annoyed when it takes so long for your avocado to ripen. If you pop them into a brown paper bag and store them in a dark cupboard or place them next to bananas and they will ripen quicker.