Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Triple tested: Thread asparagus, courgettes and peppers on to skewers, add feta cheese and olive oil to make these barbecued veggies for the perfect accompaniment to barbecued sardines. Brought to you by Essentials magazine
- 350g asparagus, cut in 3cm lengths
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 1 large fennel, chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- Small bunch thyme leaves
- Thread the asparagus, 2 courgettes, 1 large fennel, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper and 2 red onions onto wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 mins). Mix the garlic, olive oil and small bunch thyme leaves and brush over the veg. Cook over a medium heat for 4-5 mins, until slightly charred. Slide off skewers into a large bowl, add pitted black olives, crumbled feta and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve with our barbecued sardines with rocket and lemon salsa.