Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Salmon always taste great when cooked on a barbecue - and this cucumber, sour cream and chive salad adds a refreshing twist
- 4 x 75g (3 oz) salmon steaks
- A little oil
- 225g cucumber
- salt and pepper
- 1 (200g) tub sour cream and chive dip
- Extra snipped chives to decorate if liked
- Watercress salad to serve
- Heat a griddle pan to high or prepare some barbecue coals. Rub the salmon steaks with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook skin side down on the griddle or barbecue for 5 mins, then carefully turn over with a fish slice and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice a cucumber. Place the cucumber in a nylon sieve, sprinkle with a little salt and leave to drain for 5 mins.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in a tub of soured cream and chive dip, sprinkle with the extra chives if using - then serve with the salmon.
Top Tip for making Barbecued salmon with creamy cucumber, sour cream and chive salad
To save time when slicing the cucumber, use the slicer on a cheese grater. Simple!