Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
When the sun is shining try these four quick and simple BBQ marinades that can be used on meat and/or fish. Learn how to make a light and delicious herb marinade, or how about a sticky ginger and soy marinade. You can also make a fiery spiced marinade which is just perfect for chicken or a classic homemade pesto marinade which is delightful spooned on top of fish. These speedy marinades are so simple to make and will pack any cut of meat with plenty of flavour. This BBQ marinade recipe is one to keep for every summer.
For the sweet herb
- 2 level tbsp dark brown soft sugar
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2-3 level tbsp chopped fresh oregano and/or thyme
- 4tbsp olive oil
For the soy, honey and ginger
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 3tbsp clear honey
- 1-2tbsp freshly grated root ginger
For the pesto
- 3-4tbsp fresh green pesto
- Finely zested rind and juice of ½ lemon
For the spiced marinade
- 1-2tbsp curry paste, eg, tikka
- 4tbsp natural yogurt
- Just mix all the ingredients together for each marinade and keep them chilled until you need them.
- Marinate food for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight, to absorb flavours.