Roasting the chicken and vegetables together makes this an easy dish to prepare - and layering the veggies on top makes it look impressive, too!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned (approx 500g)
- 2 red peppers, cut into quarters and deseeded (approx 350g)
- 2 large courgettes, sliced lengthways into thick slices (approx 230g)
- 3 sprigs of thyme plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally into 2 thin breasts. Set aside.
- Place the red pepper, courgettes and 3 sprigs of thyme in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp rapeseed oil and season well. Cook for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the chicken breasts to the tin, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken, drizzle with the remaining rapeseed oil and season well.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink meat. To serve, layer the chicken pieces and roasted vegetables in a stack and garnish with thyme.
Top Tip for making Chicken breasts roasted with peppers and courgettes
You can vary the vegetables according to the season but remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Combine vegetables that require equal cooking. Instead of chicken, try using a meaty fish fillets like salmon or cod.
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make at home and tastes delicious too. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken.
By Gordon Ramsay • Last updated
Honey and sesame chicken
Looking for quick rice recipes? James Tanner's easy sesame chicken takes less than 15 mins to make and cost just over £2 per head - just follow our step-by-step video recipe.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Harissa roast chicken with jewelled cous cous
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Pizza Hut is launching a roast dinner pizza and food fans are torn
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Published
This super easy heating hack to save on energy bills takes SECONDS to do
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published