Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Pasta with an Italian twist, this Caesar pasta has roasted chicken thighs in Caesar dressing. It is delicious served with crispy bacon and crunchy lettuce leaves and it very easy and quick to make.
- 4 small chicken thighs, skin on
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1 thick slice of bread, cut into small cubes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 med egg noodle nests (125g)
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 15g Parmesan, finely grated, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2-4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 rounded tsp Dijon mustard
- 4tbsp crème fraiche
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Put the chicken thighs into a medium-sized roasting tin.
- Season chicken well and drape the bacon over the top.
- Add the thyme sprigs, if using. Roast for 20 mins.
- Add the bread cubes to the roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and put the tin back in the oven for 20 mins, or until the bacon and bread are crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cook the noodles, according to the pack instructions, for 4-5 mins.
- Skin and shred the chicken and mix it into the dressing.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on plates, spoon the hot noodles on top, then the chicken mixture and top with bacon bits and croûtons. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and lots of freshly ground black pepper and some thyme leaves, if you like.
Top Tip for making Chicken Caesar pasta
Use leftover roast chicken for this, just dry fry bacon and fry croûtons to go with it. If you want to serve the salad cold, rinse the cooked noodles through with cold water and drain well.