The whole family will love these delicious chicken skewers served with tasty flavoured rice.
- Kebabs550g (1.75lb) chicken breast, skin removed and cubed1 small red pepper, seeds removed and cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and cut into pieces
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 25g (1oz) Buttery spread
- 350g (12oz) long grain rice
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley and/or celery leaves
- Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice or wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, stir in the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Thread the chicken pieces onto 8 skewers with alternate pieces of red and green peppers and onion.
Melt 15g (1/2oz) buttery spread and use to brush the kebabs before cooking under the grill for 12-15 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet directions and drain.
Heat the remaining buttery spread in a saucepan, add the red onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not brown. Add the cooked rice together with the raisins and stir to heat through.
Mix in the chopped parsley or celery leaves into the rice mixture and add a little lemon juice to taste.
Serve the kebabs on a bed of rice.