This heartwarming dish is perfect dinner for all the family. Marinade the meat in the day and whip it up in an hour in the evening - perfect!
- 6 chicken thighs skinned and boned
For the marinade:
- 1/2 thumb sized piece of ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 100ml natural yoghurt
For the sauce:
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1-2 large green chillies finely diced or to taste
- 1/2 thumbsized piece of ginger grated
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 500ml carton tomato pasatta
- 200ml chicken stock
- 150g baby spinach
- 50ml natural yoghurt
- Quarter the chicken then place into a bowl along with the marinade ingredients, cover and leave for at least two hours.
- When you're ready to start cooking a few hours later, melt the butter then fry the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for 5-6 mins. Add the spices and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Then add the chicken to the pan along with the pasatta and stock. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook for 40-50 mins.
- Add spinach 5 minutes before serving and stir until wilted.
- Add in the yoghurt and season to taste.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and serve with some basmati rice.
Top Tip for making Chilli chicken and spinach masala
If you can leave the meat to marinade for longer than 2 hours then it will only add to the taste!
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe
Gordon Ramsay's easy vegetable curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians. It's packed full of delicious veggies with plenty of flavour too thanks to the chilli, cardamom and curry paste
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make at home and tastes delicious too. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken.
By Gordon Ramsay • Last updated
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Mrs Hinch leaves the internet in shock with very bizarre dinner recipe
By Hayley Minn • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William's romantic hotel dinner order will surprise you
By Emma Shacklock • Published