The kids are going to love making these chocolate and coconut party bites.
Covered in sprinkles, these little treats will last next to no time at a kids' birthday party so make sure you bake plenty. Get the children involved in the process - they'll love dipping the sprinkles on at the end and moulding the 'mountains'.
Swap the milk chocolate for dark or white or a combination of both for a marbled effect. You could even try coloured candy melts such as pink or green for themed birthday parties.
- 225g desiccated coconut
- 140g ground almonds
- 200g icing sugar
- 3-4 egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 300g milk chocolate
- 1 pot of sugar sprinkles (poured into a bowl)
- Pre heat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2
- Whisk egg whites until stiff but not dry. Sift in the icing sugar and fold in gently. Add the ground almonds and coconut one half at a time and stir to combine - the mixture will not be quite stiff.
- Grease one or two oven trays and line with baking paper. Using your fingers, mould the mixture into little mountains and place on to the baking paper, leaving a little space in between each one.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the party bites are cooling on a rack, melt 300g of milk chocolate in a glass bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water - it must be set just above the water line.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip each mountain base in the chocolate first and then lightly dip into the sprinkles.
- Turn each one upside down and allow the chocolate to set for about 1 hour in a cool place before serving,
Watch how to make chocolate and coconut party bites
Top tips for making chocolate and coconut party bites
These are great for kids' parties as they can be made the day before.