We love these delicious chorizo and thyme quesadillas from Mexican food expert Thomasina Miers, who is the celeb chef behind restaurant chain Wahaca. They're filled with an irresistible combination of chorizo, potatoes and cheese and take just 15 minutes to prepare. You can serve these with any dips you like. We love guacamole, made with lots of lime, fresh tomato salsa with a good hit of chilli and a cooling sour cream. To make it a more substantial meal you can also add a nice big green salad on the side.
- 350g potatoes
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 200g chorizo cooking sausage, chopped
- A small bunch of thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 large flour or corn tortillas
- 400g cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- Cut the potatoes in equal-size chunks and cook until tender. Leave them to cool a little and then cut them into 1cm dice.
- Cook the onion until soft, add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes. Mix in the chorizo and potato, turn up the heat and fry for another 5 minutes. Mix in the thyme and season.
- Spread a quarter of the chorizo mixture on one half of a tortilla and sprinkle with a fistful of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over so that you have a half moon. Brush it with a little olive oil (so the tortilla doesn’t stick to the pan) and place in a hot, dry frying pan or griddle and cook until golden and crisp. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with your favourite table salsa.
Top Tip for making Chorizo, potato and thyme quesadillas
A mix of extra mature English Cheddar and a little grated mozzarella makes the perfect cheese mix for these quesadillas
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Easy cottage pie
Packed with tender minced beef, rich tomatoes, and an indulgent creamy mash, this classic cottage pie recipe is a family favourite...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Crushed potato salad
Forget shop bought potato salad - this continental crushed potato salad recipe is quick, easy and packed with flavour.
By Sue McMahon • Published
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published