Smooth strawberries and cream jelly with juicy marinated berries and crushed almond biscuits to serve
- 135g pack strawberry-flavour jelly
- 300ml carton single cream
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 300g (10oz) strawberries
- 30g (1oz) caster sugar
- About 12 amaretti or similar-type biscuits, for serving
- 500ml (16fl oz) jelly mould
- Divide the jelly into cubes and place in a large measuring jug. Pour in 150ml (¼ pint) boiling water and stir until the jelly dissolves. Cool until it almost starts to thicken, then whisk in the cream and milk and ½tsp of the vanilla extract. Pour into a serving bowl or jelly mould. Chill for 3-4 hours until set.
- Remove stalks from the strawberries and chop fruit. Put in a bowl with the sugar, the remaining ½tsp of vanilla extract and 2tsp water. Stir and leave for 30 mins for a syrup to form.
- Dip jelly mould briefly in hot water and turn jelly out on to a plate. Serve with the marinated strawberries and roughly crushed biscuits.
Top Tip for making Cream jelly with vanilla strawberries
If you don’t want to serve all of the jelly at the same time, you could set the mixture in individual moulds.