Try this quick and easy dinner of seasoned salmon fillets infused with garlic and lemon zest and served with pan-fried potatoes
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 500g (1lb) potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 300g (10oz) salmon fillet, cut in 2
- About 15g (½oz) butter
- Finely grated lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
Heat the oil in a heavybased pan and fry the potato slices gently for 5 mins, until they are browned underneath. Turn them and cook for about 5 mins, until golden on the other side. Push them to one side of the pan, so that they continue cooking gently. Add the garlic.
Season the salmon. Add the butter to the clear side of the pan. When it has melted, put in the salmon fillets, skin-side down. Cook for a few mins, then turn them over, sprinkle with the lemon zest and cook for a few more mins until the fish is tender.
Stir the parsley and capers into the potatoes. Squeeze lemon juice over the fish and then flip it back, skin-side up. Serve with the potatoes.
Top tip for making Crispy salmon and potato sauté
Short of time? Usescrubbed, unpeeled,sliced new potatoes.