Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Gousto's chicken fajitas will have you blending your own spices for a meal the whole family will enjoy - and it includes 2 of your 5-a-day. Mix up the spices with the chicken and fresh veg then wrap in tortillas and scoff. Delicioso!
Whip up a mouth-watering traditional Mexican feast for the family. These chicken and pepper fajitas are quick to make and packed full of delicious flavours - a great dinner the whole family will enjoy together. With your own mix of spices you can decide how mild or spicy to make your fajitas. Fajitas are a great meal for kids if you're trying to sneak more veggies into their diet. And, they can easily wrap their own fajitas to make meal time more fun. Serve with homemade guacamole and a crunchy salad.
- 2 red onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 12 small white tortilla wraps
- 80g cheddar cheese
- 2 large British chicken breast fillets
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 160g natural yoghurt
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 32g tomato paste (2 tbsps)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C (fan)/ 400°F/ Gas 6. Combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked paprika, dried chilli flakes (cooking for kids? Skip the chilli!), 2 tsp sugar and a pinch of salt on a plate. Mix all the spices together – this is your fajita seasoning.
- Deseed the red peppers (scrape the seeds and pith out with a teaspoon) and cut into thin strips (as finely as you can!). Peel and finely slice the red onions.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Add the sliced chicken to the fajita seasoning and give everything a good mix up until the chicken is fully coated in all the spices.
- Boil a kettle. Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) with a drizzle of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the sliced chicken, pepper and onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 min or until the peppers are beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the tomato paste and the Kallo chicken stock cube in 150ml boiled water – this is your tomato stock. Add the tomato stock to the pan with the chicken and cook for 2-3 min further or until the chicken is cooked through (no pink meat!) and the peppers have softened – this is your chicken & vegetable fajita filling.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the tortillas to a baking tray and put the tray in the oven for 3 min or until warmed through. Grate the cheddar cheese. Dice the tomatoes finely. Trim, then slice the spring onions finely.
- Serve the chicken & vegetable fajita filling over the tortillas. Top with the grated cheese and chopped tomato, dollop over the natural yoghurt, garnish with the sliced spring onion and enjoy! From recipe box company Gousto's Everyday Favourites range. Gousto delivers precise ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe cards, with free delivery, 40 weekly recipes and prices from £2.98 per person. More information at www.gousto.co.uk (opens in new tab)