Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This simple yet delightfully delicious main is set to blow your guests away this winter and is great for dinner parties or for a quick family meal. The sweetness of the fruit chutney compliments the flavour of the lamb chops, whilst the spinach and saffron rice help to temper the kick of the french mustard. Plus, if you marinate your lamb the day before you will save valuable time in the kitchen when it comes to preparing the meal, leaving you time to indulge in a glass of red wine – a very suitable accompaniment for this flavoursome meal
Looking for more easy lamb chop recipes to make - check out our super helpful guide!
- 4 lamb chops
- 115g spiced fruit chutney
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp french mustard,
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 250g long grain rice
- 1tsp saffron threads
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced or crushed
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from 1 lime (optional)
- Combine the lamb, fruit chutney, 2tbsp olive oil, french mustard and peppercorns in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook lamb on heated oiled grill plate (or barbecue or grill) until tender.
- Cook the rice according to the packet directions, making sure to add the saffron to the pan of boiling water. Once the rice is cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a large sauté pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and the spinach. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the leaves are wilted. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and mix with the spinach and garlic. Serve the lamb chops on a bed of rice. Drizzle some fresh lime juice for an extra layer of flavours if desired.
Top Tip for making Fruity lamb chops with spinach and saffron rice
Once marinated, the lamb chops are suitable for freezing and can be used at a later date