This fun recipe is a great opportunity to get kids involved in the kitchen and now we have an easy step-by-step pictures recipe which you can follow together
- 250g (9oz) strong white plain flour, sifted
- ½tsp salt
- ½tsp easy blend dried yeast
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 125ml (4½ fl oz) hand-hot water
- 90ml (3¼ fl oz) ready-made tomato pizza topping
- 55g (2oz) mozzarella, grated
- 55g (2oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cherry tomato slices
- Salami slices, halved
- Pepper strips
- Ham strips
- Can sweetcorn
- Combine flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl then make a well in the centre and add the oil and enough water to make into soft and pliable (but not sticky) dough. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for approx 5 mins or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly oiled, clean bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for approx 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 mins. Divide the dough into four equal amounts and then roll each into a round measuring approx 12cm (4in) in diameter and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Leave to stand for a further 30 mins or until the dough has risen.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the bases then mix together the cheeses and sprinkle equally over the bases. Use the remaining ingredients to top the pizzas, for example using the tomato slices as eyes, halved salami slices or pepper strips as mouths, ham strips as hair, sweet corn kernels as teeth or eyeballs etc until you have a family of fun pizza faces.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 8-10 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the topping is bubbling. Use a palette knife to lift the base from the baking tray and check the dough in the centre is properly cooked. Serve immediately with salad or vegetables.
Top Tip for making Funny face pizza
Italian Tipo '00' flour is finer than regular flour and is perfect for making pizza bases. You should be able to find it in an Italian deli or even some large supermarkets.