This meal is perfect for a mid-week dinner for the family, taking just 20 mins to make, including cooking time. Full of zingy ginger and garlic, this delicious stir-fry will bring a taste of the Orient into your kitchen. It’s so easy and tasty too – the kids will love it just as much as you. It’s best to cook this dish in a wok not a frying pan so all the ingredients can be cooked at the same time.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 3cm cube ginger, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- Groundnut or vegetable oil
- 2tbsp light soy sauce
- 3tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1tsp sesame oil
- Start by preparing your chicken and vegetables then set aside, ready to throw into the wok when needed.
- Place a large wok on a high heat and add 1-2tbsp of oil then, when smoking, add your ginger and garlic and fry for a few seconds. Before it starts to turn brown, add your chicken and stir.
- Once your chicken starts to brown all over, throw in the chilli and peppers and toss. When the vegetables start to soften, turn down the heat slightly then add the soy and oyster sauce and continue to fry until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Take the wok off the heat then stir in the spring onions and sesame oil. Serve with boiled white rice.
Top Tip for making Ginger and garlic chicken
Sesame oil has a low smoke point so it’s essential that you add it towards the end of your cooking as a seasoning, otherwise it will burn.