Sweet peaches are delicious in savoury salads too and this colourful recipe is sure to be a popular addition to your summer menu.
Think of our grilled peach salad with feta, bacon and green beans as a savoury fruit bowl. Grilling summer fruits releases their sugars and makes them the perfect match for salty cheeses like feta or halloumi. Finely chop any leftovers and stir through some fluffy cous cous for a tasty lunch. If you like this salad and want some more ideas, check out our seafood peach salad or this salad with feta. To make the recipe vegetarian simply leave out the bacon. You could replace with a handful of pitted black olives so you still get a salty, savoury kick.
- 150g green beans
- 2 peaches
- 2 nectarines
- 10 cherries
- 1tbsp olive oil, in a small bowl
- 1 little gem or romaine lettuce
- ½ cucumber, cut into rounds
- 1 large tomato
- 150g feta
- for the vinaigrette:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½tsp yellow mustard
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the beans for around 6 mins, until al dente. Drain and plunge into iced water. When cool, drain.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the lemon, oil and mustard with a pinch of salt and pepper in a lidded jar. Shake well and set aside.
- Halve and stone the fruits, then pat or brush all over with the oil. Grill or griddle on medium-high for 4 mins on each side, then set aside to cool in the fridge.
- Rinse and dry the lettuce leaves, then mix them in a large bowl with the cucumber and tomato. Add the chargrilled fruits, give the vinaigrette another shake and add this too, until everything is well coated. Serve on a large summer platter with the feta crumbled on top.
Top Tip for making Grilled peach salad with feta, bacon and green beans
Medium-ripe fruits work best
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Elisa is a chef, food stylist and journalist. She has also been the editorial director of food and drinks content for more than 40 magazines and websites. As well as being host of the brand new Careers Conversations series podcast at Food Matters Live.
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer Published
Blood orange, radicchio, pistachio and Stilton salad
This colourful first course of blood orange, radicchio, pistachio and Stilton salad is light and refreshing, so it makes the perfect start to your festive feast...
By Jess Meyer Published
Beef and beetroot salad
This beef and beetroot salad matches juicy succulent stead with chargrilled vegetables and inky dark beetroot to make one of the tastiest salads around.
By Jessica Dady Published