Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This healthy rhubarb dessert with crunchy honey-coated pecans by Cook Yourself Thin chef, Harry Eastwood is great on its own, or have it with muesli or yogurt
- 120g pecan nuts
- 3tbsp runny honey, plus an additional 2 tbsp for the pecans
- 500g rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 125g raspberries, rinsed under the tap
- Toss the whole pecans in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until the edges start to toast and turn golden (it's easy to get distracted at this point, so it’s best to keep an eye on the nuts to stop them from burning).
- Once toasted, pour in 2tbsp of honey and coat the nuts evenly by tilting the pan. Tip the honey-coated nuts onto a plate and set aside to cool.
- Rinse the rhubarb in a colander under the tap. Without shaking off the excess water, tip the rinsed fruit into a large saucepan. Put the lid onto the pan and cook over a slow heat for ten mins, making sure to give it an occasional stir to prevent sticking.
- Add the honey and give the mixture a stir. Finally add the raspberries and let the mixture sit with the lid on for a further couple of mins.
- Roughly chop up the cold, crunchy pecans and scatter over the compote before serving.
Top Tip for making Harry Eastwood's honey and rhubarb compote
The compote keeps for up to 5 days in a jar in the fridge.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Balsamic baked strawberries and rhubarb pavlova
Our pavlova with balsamic baked strawberries and rhubarb looks beautiful and tastes even better.
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Coconut milk panna cotta
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Love Island fans are calling for THIS dumped islander to return for the winter 2023 series
Love Island fans want to see this islander make a comeback in the upcoming winter season after they were dumped, less than a week after entering the villa
By Naomi Jamieson • Published