Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Fancy trying something different for dinner tonight? You should rustle up this hot-smoked duck breasts recipe with Darjeeling tea-infused rice. This recipe is quick and easy and full of flavour
- 30g loose-leaf Darjeeling or any tea
- 60g long-grain rice
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 4 or 6 Gressingham duck breasts, about 150g each, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Stir-fried veg, to serve
- Line an old wok (not nonstick) with a double layer of foil, so the foil hangs over the edge. Put in the tea, rice and thyme and fit a rack on top, then put the lid on tightly (line this with foil, if necessary to make a tight fit, bringing up the foil edges to seal). Put the wok over a medium heat for about 5 mins until it starts smoking.
- Score the skin of the duck breasts, season them and put on the rack, skin-side up. Cover and smoke for 20 mins.
- Put the duck breasts, skin-side down, in a cold frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 4-5 mins until the fat comes out and the skin crisps, basting the meat. Turn them over and cook for a couple more minutes. Put back on the rack in the “smoker” to rest for 5 mins before serving. Slice, and serve with the stir-fried vegetables.
Top Tip for making Hot-smoked duck breasts
But be warned, this process will create a fair amount of smoke in your kitchen, so keep your windows open. It can also cause non-stick coating to flake off. If you don’t have an old-style wok, use a foil-lined baking tray or roasting tin instead.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Roasted orange duck and roasted potatoes
This delicious roasted orange duck duck recipe uses sharp juniper berries, zesty orange juice and runny honey to create a really rich body of flavours
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Slimming World's roast dinner
By Slimming World • Published
Looking for new ideas for lower-fat family dinners? This maple-glazed duck recipe is full of flavour and makes a change from your usual meals
By Sue McMahon • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
Love Island fans are calling for THIS dumped islander to return for the winter 2023 series
Love Island fans want to see this islander make a comeback in the upcoming winter season after they were dumped, less than a week after entering the villa
By Naomi Jamieson • Published