Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
The gentle flavours of the lemongrass work brilliantly with the rich aubergine and anchovy mash, creating an impressive fish dish
- 3tbs olive oil2 sticks lemongrass, outer layers removed, finely diced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 monkfish fillets, skinned
- 4tbs olive oil
- 3-4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 4 aubergines
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1tsp (1 clove) garlic
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºC/gas 6.
- Mix 2tbs olive oil, the chopped lemongrass, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Add the monkfish and leave to marinade for 30 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Once it's hot, add the fish and brown lightly on both sides.
- Transfer to a roasting tray, season well, drizzle over the remaining marinade and roast in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the aubergine caviar. Pour the olive oil into a saucepan, add the crushed cardamom pods and leave to infuse over a very low heat for 30 mins. Do not allow to boil. Strain and set aside.
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthways, score the flesh and add a few drops of olive oil. Bake for around 45 mins, until softened. Remove the flesh with a spoon. Roughly dice with the anchovies and blend with the cardamom olive oil, Garlic and Cumin
- Seeds. Season well and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve the cooked monkfish with a spoonful of aubergine caviar.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Ready in just four simple steps, this baked aubergine is stuffed and flavoured with a host of aromatic herbs...
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Healthy fish and chips
Healthy fish and chips is a lightened up version of a Friday night fish supper. The flavour packed crumb coating is a great alternative to batter.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Fish chowder is a creamy and filling soup that's full of good-for-you fish and chunky veg. The perfect thing to warm you up on a winter evening.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Why did EasyJet cancel flights? All you need to know about the airport disruptions
Holidaymakers have been warned over NINE days of planned strikes expected to cause chaos this summer
By Selina Maycock • Last updated
This super easy heating hack to save on energy bills takes SECONDS to do
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
The big mistake you're making when it comes to spending on petrol is so easy to solve
Drivers could save money on petrol by avoiding the one big mistake of riding around with the boot full of unnecessary items
By Selina Maycock • Last updated