This delicious lamb dish is quick and easy to prepare and contains aromatic spices for the perfect comfort food throughout the winter months
Learn how to cook the perfect lamb shanks with our easy guide!
- 4 large lamb shanks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground ginger
- ½tsp ground cumin
- ½tsp all spice
- ½tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large red onion – finely diced
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 250ml chicken stock
- Salt - season to taste
- 2tbsp of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 150ºC, gas mark 3
- Trim any excess fat off the lamb shanks
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven proof casserole pan and brown the lamb shanks.
- Take out and add the spices and onion to the same oil and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Put the lamb shanks back in the pan and add the tinned tomatoes, stock and enough water to cover.
- Season to taste
- Bring to the boil, cover and put in the oven for 2½ hours.
- Take the lamb shanks out of the pan and cover with foil to keep hot.
- Put the casserole pan on the hob and lightly boil the liquid until reduces slightly.
- Add back the lamb shanks to reheat.
- Add the chopped flat leaf parsley and serve.
Top Tip for making Lisa Faulkner's Moroccan lamb shanks
Serve with herby mashed potatoes for a hearty meal
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Lisa Faulkner is an actress turned celebrity chef who won series five of the popular BBC TV show, Celebrity Masterchef. Since winning the show in 2010, she has released five cookbooks full of homely recipes that have quickly become family favorites. Born in London, she started modeling at 15 and spent time in Paris before moving on to acting at 16 years old. Lisa went on to star in some of the most well-loved soaps and TV dramas including Holby City, Spooks, and EastEnders. Lisa's cooking and recipes have been inspired by her mother's love for cooking and love for making family dishes that bring everyone together.
Sausage casserole recipe
This easy sausage casserole recipe combines cannellini beans, plum tomatoes, and potatoes into one hearty dinner...
By Jessica Dady Last updated
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published