Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This seasonal favourite is perfect as a Halloween treat or simply as a winter warming starter for your meal. Enjoy this pumpkin soup with crusty bread for real comfort food!
- 2tbsp olive oil
- ½tspn coarse ground coriander seeds
- ½tsp coarse ground fennel seeds
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely diced
- 2 fresh red chilies, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 2 lemon grass stalks with the ends crushed
- 2tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1kg fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into approximately 2cm square pieces
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- Salt to season
- Fresh coriander, chopped to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large solid based pan.
- Lightly fry the coriander and fennel seeds, and turmeric together for 2 mins
- Add the diced onion, ginger and garlic, and fry for a further 3-4 mins
- Add the stock, pumpkin, diced chilies and lemon grass, stir well, gentle bring to simmering point and cover.
- When pumpkin is semi soft, add the coconut milk and simmer further until the pumpkin is totally soft.
- Take out the lemongrass, add the lime juice, put in blender until smooth.
- Serve with fresh coriander to garnish
Top Tip for making Lisa Faulkner's warming pumpkin soup
Be careful not to simmer the soup for too long as it will lose it's vivid orange colour
Broccoli and Stilton soup
This easy broccoli and Stilton soup recipe are a favourite thanks to its creamy, rich flavour. The broccoli and cheese pair perfectly together...
By Jessica Dady • Published
This creamy potato soup recipe is the perfect winter warmer. Top it with cheese and bacon for a soup version of a baked potato.
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Gordon Ramsay's cream of cauliflower soup
This velvety smooth cauliflower soup is by celeb chef Gordon Ramsay. Read in just 30 minutes...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Bolognese stuffed peppers
You only need four ingredients to make these Bolognese stuffed peppers: mince beef, peppers, cheese and a jar of your favourite Bolognese sauce.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
If you're trying to save some pennies this year, try this budget Bolognese - a simple, classic recipe which keeps the cost low and the flavour high
By Anneliese Giggins • Published
For a twist on a classic, this chicken Bolognese swaps the beef out for poultry mince. We've also add sweetcorn to make the dish even more affordable.
By Jessica Dady • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published