Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This mango and lime parfait recipe is easy! Mix the exotic flavour of mangos and the sharp taste of lime in this delicous, refreshing French dessert. This tasty summer dessert serves 10-12 people and will take only 30 mins to prepare, plus overnight freezing. You're going to love the sweet flavours of both the mango and lime, it's a real summer treat. This light dessert is made with double cream, eggs and a sprinkling of sugar. It's a really simple dessert that the whole family can enjoy - especially in the warmer months!
- Flesh of 2 large ripe mangoes
- Finely grated zest and juice 3 limes
- 4 egg yolks
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 1 x 284ml pot double cream
- 450g (1lb) loaf tin
- Line the loaf tin with a sheet of clingfilm; this makes it easier to turn out when the parfait is frozen.
- Purée the mango flesh, lime zest and juice in a blender until smooth.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until pale, thick and doubled in volume. Remove from the heat and fold in the mango purée. Leave the mixture to cool.
- Whisk the cream until thick, fold into the cold mango mix and pour into the prepared loaf tin. Freeze for a minimum of 8 hrs or overnight. To serve, cut into slices and decorate with Cape gooseberries if you like.
Top Tip for making Mango and lime parfait
Top tip: Your local supermarket should have mangos, but you can also try substituting with peaches or nectarines.