Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Mexican roasted sweet potato bites make really easy party food that's ready in just 20mins! All you have to do is slice long, thin sweet potatoes into discs and roast them, so they'll become the base of the canape. You can top these with Mexican ingredients such as guacamole, soured cream and salsa to make really delicious little bites that your guests will absolutely love! Mix and match the flavours, or make separate ones so everyone can try a different flavour with every bite. This simple recipe makes 26 bites, but make sure you make enough to go round... Plus, everyone will be able to enjoy them as they are naturally gluten free!
- 3 long, thin sweet potatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp Mexican seasoning
- guacamole, to serve
- soured cream with chives, to serve
- tomato salsa, to serve
- small handful coriander, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Slice 3 sweet potatoes into 1cm circles. Toss the potato circles in a mix of 2tbsp olive oil and 2tbsp Mexican seasoning to coat thoroughly.
- Roast for 10-15 mins until cooked through. Once slightly cooled, top with spoonfuls of guacamole, soured cream with chives and tomato salsa. Scatter over coriander to serve.
Top Tip for making Mexican roasted sweet potato bites
If you fancy it, you could scatter cheese over them too for an extra bit of flavour.