Children will love these perfectly proportioned pizzas and they make a great TV dinner served with coleslaw or salad. Saucisson sec is a tasty French salami-style sausage available on deli counters but if preferred you can use slices of pepperoni sausage or cooked and chopped cocktail sausages instead. Add some canned sweetcorn, sliced button mushrooms or chopped red or green pepper to each pizza to boost the veg content. If you’re short on time simply use halved English muffins, mini pitta breads or slices of French bread as the pizza bases.
- 2 x145g packets pizza base mix
- 6tbsp tomato and basil pizza topping
- 100g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100g saucisson sec, thinly sliced
- 2tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Few fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Make up the pizza base mixes together according to the packet instructions. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5mins until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each out to a 12cm circle. Place on the baking sheet. Spread a little pizza topping over each circle leaving a small border of dough.
- Scatter over the cheese and top with sliced saucisson sec. Drizzle over the oil and season lightly with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 10-15mins until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately garnished with fresh basil leaves.
Top Tip for making Mini salami pizzas
Freeze the unbaked pizzas for up to 1 month. Bake on a preheated baking sheet at 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6 for 15-20mins or until piping hot
Weight Watchers florentine pizza recipe
This Weight Watchers Florentine pizza is delicious! Don't miss out on a tasty pizza treat and opt instead for this healthy version - a classic favourite to have without ruining your diet.
By WW (Weight Watchers) • Published
Spooky Halloween pizza
This spooky Halloween pizza is so cute, with scary ghosts and big black spiders crawling across it. Made using shop bought pizzas bases, it's quick and easy to make.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Pissaladière is a French variation on the classic Italian pizza. We've topped ours with with onions, olives and anchovies - delicious!
By Jules Mercer • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Pizza oven Black Friday deal: Save £30 on this Salter Professional outdoor portable pizza oven - slices ready in 60 seconds
This pizza oven will help you create the perfect 'fake-away' dinner at home over the festive season
By Selina Maycock • Published
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Asda's pizza deal promises perk for just 40p extra and it's the money-saving hack we all need this January
Asda is offering the takeaway pizza experience for less as people across the UK look for ways to spend less amid the cost-of-living crisis
By Emma Dooney • Published