How do you make a mojito even more delicious? Freeze it and turn it into a sorbet, of course! Our delicious mojito sorbet recipe transforms the classic minty cocktail into a fat-free dessert that's perfect for summer parties and barbecues. This one is for grown-ups only!
- 100g caster sugar
- 5-6 limes
- 50g fresh mint (leaves and stalks)
- 3tbsp white or light rum, plus extra for serving
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Put the sugar with 600ml water into a pan. Heat to dissolve the sugar then bring to the boil. Add the finely grated zest from 2 of the limes and the mint, setting aside 5 leaves. Take off the heat. Cover and leave to stand for 10 mins, then take off the cover. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool at room temperature. Put in the fridge to cool.
- Strain into a rigid container, pressing the mint to extract all the flavour. Discard the mint stalks and leaves. Stir in juice from all the limes (about 125ml) and rum. Finely chop the 5 mint leaves and stir in.
- Freeze the mixture until almost frozen, check after 2 hours, stir with a fork. Freeze for another couple of hours, then break up into chunks. Put it into a food processor with the egg white and pulse to mix . Freeze again until solid. Use within 3 months.
- To serve, put a few mint leaves into chilled glasses, add small scoops of sorbet and another slug of rum, and lime wedges.
Top Tip for making Mojito sorbet
If you're making this sorbet for a party, serve it in cocktail glasses with umbrellas and straws for a fun twist.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Joe Wicks' black cherry and yogurt ripple ice cream
By Joe Wicks • Published
Halloween ice cream
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mince pie ice cream
Come and try our delicious recipe for mince pie ice cream. Smooth, creamy and studded with spiced fruits and buttery pastry, this is the perfect treat
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
When do kids break up from school? Summer Holiday dates 2022
By Emily Stedman • Published
McDonald's halloumi fries are on the new summer menu with four brand new burgers
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Last updated