Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Pack this filling Moroccan chicken salad full of chicken, courgette, artichokes, and green olives.
Flavour with harissa paste, balsamic vinegar, and garlic chives. Serve with ciabatta and two handfuls of watercress. This salad takes just 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 chicken breasts, about 150g each
- 4tsps olive oil
- 2tsps harissa paste
- 6 baby courgettes, each sliced into 3 pieces lengthways
- 4 slices of ciabatta
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 180g packet griddled artichokes in oil
- 16 green olives
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful of garlic chives, optional
- Put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until the meat is about 1cm thick.
- Rub 2tsps of oil over the chicken, then the harissa paste. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Rub the rest of the oil over the courgette slices and grill until tender.
- Wipe any excess paste off the chicken and grill the breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side. Take out of the pan and wrap in foil. Griddle the slices of ciabatta.
- Divide the watercress, chunks of ciabatta, courgettes, artichokes and olives between 4 plates. Slice the chicken and arrange on top. Whisk 3tbsps of oil from the pack of artichokes with the balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the salad. Scatter with garlic chives, if you like.
Top tips for making Moroccan chicken salad
You can use ras el hanout or a curry paste as an alternative to the harissa.
You might also like...
Low calorie meals (opens in new tab): 500 calorie dinners
Chicken salad recipe
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Greek-style stuffed chicken and salad
Greek-style stuffed chicken is made with spinach and feta and a mixed veg salad for a healthy dinner that's just 313 calories and ready in 30 mins
By Jessica Dady • Published
A great British favourite, this Indian tandoori chicken is very tasty and spicy and easy to cook. Serve it up with a yogurt dip and your favourite kind of naan bread.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
Mum sparks packed lunch debate over her very organised prepping
By Lucy Buglass • Published
This is the one royal Meghan 'hated being compared' to
A royal author claims Meghan hated being constantly 'compared' to her sister-in-law Kate Middleton
By Naomi Jamieson • Last updated
This 11p lunch is perfect for saving money as living costs rise
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published