Pack this filling Moroccan chicken salad full of chicken, courgette, artichokes, and green olives.
Flavour with harissa paste, balsamic vinegar, and garlic chives. Serve with ciabatta and two handfuls of watercress. This salad takes just 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 chicken breasts, about 150g each
- 4tsps olive oil
- 2tsps harissa paste
- 6 baby courgettes, each sliced into 3 pieces lengthways
- 4 slices of ciabatta
- 2 handfuls of watercress
- 180g packet griddled artichokes in oil
- 16 green olives
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful of garlic chives, optional
- Put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until the meat is about 1cm thick.
- Rub 2tsps of oil over the chicken, then the harissa paste. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Rub the rest of the oil over the courgette slices and grill until tender.
- Wipe any excess paste off the chicken and grill the breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side. Take out of the pan and wrap in foil. Griddle the slices of ciabatta.
- Divide the watercress, chunks of ciabatta, courgettes, artichokes and olives between 4 plates. Slice the chicken and arrange on top. Whisk 3tbsps of oil from the pack of artichokes with the balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the salad. Scatter with garlic chives, if you like.
Top tips for making Moroccan chicken salad
You can use ras el hanout or a curry paste as an alternative to the harissa.
You might also like...
Low calorie meals: 500 calorie dinners
Chicken salad recipe
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer Published
Greek-style stuffed chicken and salad
Greek-style stuffed chicken is made with spinach and feta and a mixed veg salad for a healthy dinner that's just 313 calories and ready in 30 mins
By Jessica Dady Published
A great British favourite, this Indian tandoori chicken is very tasty and spicy and easy to cook. Serve it up with a yogurt dip and your favourite kind of naan bread.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published