This stir-fry has a colourful combination of tender, flavoursome beef with crisp sweet vegetables. If you're after a healthy dinner in a hurry, a stir fry is always a great option, and this oyster beef recipe will definitely go down a treat. What's more, this tasty dish can be prepared, cooked, and on the table in only 20 minutes.
- 450g lean thin sliced sirloin or rump steak, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp oyster sauce
- 1tsp 5 spice powder
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 each red, yellow and orange peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200g fine stem broccoli, trimmed
- Cut the steak into long, ribbons approx 3cm wide. Place in a shallow bowl and season with garlic, oyster sauce and 5 spice powder. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until hot then stir fry the vegetables for 5 mins. Remove from the wok using a draining spoon and set aside.
- Reheat the wok or pan and stir fry the beef mixture for 2-3 mins. Put the vegetables back in the wok or pan and continue to stir fry the mixture for a further 1-2 mins until hot and just beginning to tenderise.
- Serve immediately with rice as an accompaniment.
Top Tip for making Oyster beef and fine stem broccoli stir fry
If you have a bit of time before cooking this recipe, you can enrich the beef by letting it marinade in the garlic and oyster sauce for 1-2 hrs – just cover and chill until required.