Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A simple pasta dish but with more of a bite! You get to use up old bread so you'll save more money.
- 75g (3oz) tagliatelle or spaghetti
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 6 tbsp white breadcrumbs (day old or from the freezer)
- ½ lemon
- 50g (2oz) feta cheese, cubed or roughly crumbled
- Chopped parsley, a good handful
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Pour boiling water into a large pan, add some salt and the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small saucepan and when sizzling add the breadcrumbs and cook for about 5 mins, stirring occasionally until crisp and golden. Use a zester (or grater) to grate the lemon zest into the crumbs. Cut the lemon half into two wedges and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, put it back in the pan, toss in the crumb mixture, add the feta cheese chunks, parsley and seasoning.
- Serve in a large warm bowl drizzled with olive oil and with the lemon wedges on the side. Squeeze lemon juice over as you eat the pasta to bring out the flavour.
Top Tip for making Pasta with crunchy crumbs and feta
* Pasta packs often recommend 75 - 110g (3 - 4oz) pasta per serving; for a smaller appetite, cut it down to 50g (2oz). * Once opened and drained, feta packs don't keep long. Look out for tubs of feta cubes instead; the cheese keeps longer.
Prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World • Published
Broccoli and salmon pasta
This superfood-packed broccoli and salmon pasta recipe is full of protein and contains a third of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts
Make perfect doughnuts at home with Gordon Ramsay's chocolate doughnuts recipe, made with malt powder and filled with a sweet chocolate cream.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Pilchard fishcakes are a flavour-packed lunch or party food that makes the most of a British ingredient. Pilchards are cheap to buy and full of healthy fats.
By Jess Findlay • Published
Puff pastry minced beef pie
This delicious puff pastry minced beef pie is pleasingly easy to whip up but is always a hit with the whole family. The crisp, flaky golden pastry is a winner.
By Jessica Dady • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
The Queen's strange pasta rule that Princess Charlotte breaks
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Mum shares insanely easy and cheap hack to clean the pesky dust behind your radiators
By Selina Maycock • Published