Our classic peach cobbler recipe is a delicious and easy summer dessert that you'll want to make time and time again. A tasty variation on fruit crumble, this classic American pud combines juicy peaches with an irresistibly crunchy topping. This recipe serves 4 people and will take around 45 mins to bake. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or warm with custard. It really doesn't take much to make this dessert - only 3 ingredients for the filling and 4 ingredients for the topping. It's s easy! A portion of this cobbler works out at only 375 calories per serving. The perfect dessert for the whole family to enjoy on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- 6 peaches, peeled, stoned and thickly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50g caster sugar
For the cobbler topping:
- 40g butter
- 125g self-raising flour
- 25g caster sugar, plus 4tsp extra for sprinkling
- 100ml full-fat milk
- Put the peaches in a large bowl, standing in the sink. Pour over enough boiling water to cover the fruit. Leave for 1 minute, then pour away the water. Cover the peaches with cold water and leave for 2 minutes. Drain, then peel - the skin should come away easily.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6. Put the sliced peaches in an ovenproof dish. Add the lemon juice and caster sugar, then toss gently so that the peaches are well coated.
- To make the topping, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and all but 1 tablespoon of the milk. Mix to a soft dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface, until 1cm thick. Stamp out 5cm rounds, re-rolling to make as many rounds as possible.
- Lay the dough 'scones' over the peaches, distributing them evenly. Brush with the rest of the milk and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of sugar. Bake for about 25 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with remaining sugar, with ice cream, cream or custard
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Make this classic lasagne with layers of lean beef mince and tomato sauce. It's an easy Italian lasagne recipe the whole family will love...
By Jessica Dady • Published
Gordon Ramsay’s beef Wellington
Gordon Ramsay's beef Wellington recipe looks impressive and takes just 20 mins to prep. Made with beef fillet, mushrooms, and readymade pastry...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Which iCandy pram is the best: Peach, Lime, Orange or Raspberry?
By Heidi Scrimgeour • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Mum shares insanely easy and cheap hack to clean the pesky dust behind your radiators
By Selina Maycock • Published