This delicious stuffing is guaranteed to please everyone at the Christmas dinner table
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 350g (12oz) top-quality
- pork sausage meat
- 1 Bramley apple,
- coarsely grated
- 2tsp dried juniper
- berries, crushed
- 100g (3½ oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 200g (7oz) vacuum-packed cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g (3½ oz) dried cranberries
- 1 medium egg
- For the chipolatas
- 9 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 18 top-quality chipolatas
- ½ x 15g (½ oz) pack fresh thyme sprigs
Make the stuffing by combining all the ingredients. Cover and chill.
Use some of the mixture to stuff the turkey. Shape any leftover mixture into golf-ball-sized balls and keep chilled.
While the turkey roasts, cut the bacon rashers in half lengthways and wrap around the chipolatas, pushing a little thyme sprig into each bundle. Place the chipolatas and stuffing balls in a roasting tin lined with greaseproof paper. Scatter over a handful of thyme.
Place in the oven when the turkey comes out and roast for 30 mins, until cooked through and golden.
Top tip for making Pork, cranberry and chestnut stuffing with chipolatas
Not having turkey? This stuffing tastes just as nice with goose or chicken.