Dried fruit and fragrant spices give a delicious Moroccan twist to this gorgeous roast pork - a guaranteed people-pleaser!
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 10ml (2tsp) ground coriander
- 10ml (2tsp) ground cumin
- 40g (1½ oz) dried apricots, finely chopped
- 25g (1oz) pine nuts
- 25g (1oz) sultanas
- 100g (4oz) cooked basmati rice
- 15ml (1tbsp) beaten egg
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) boned, rolled and scored loin of pork (see tip)
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 5 mins until softened. Stir in half the coriander and cumin and cook for 1 min. Add the apricots, pine nuts, sultanas and cooked rice and cook for 2-3 mins until piping hot. Cool completely, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the beaten egg.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Unroll the loin of pork and spoon the stuffing down the centre, then re-roll to enclose the stuffing. Secure tightly with string.
- Mix together the remaining ground coriander and cumin and rub into the scored rind with the sunflower oil and plenty of salt to ensure a crisp crackling. Weigh the stuffed joint, then place it in a roasting tin.
- Roast for 30 mins, then reduce the oven temperature to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5) and roast for 35 mins per 450g (1lb). Cover loosely with foil towards the end of cooking time if the crackling starts to overcook. Leave to stand for 20 mins before carving.
Top Tip for making Pork loin with fruity Moroccan stuffing
For the crispiest crackling, the pork rind needs to be finely scored. Ask the butcher to do this for you, or do it yourself using a very sharp knife.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World • Published
Learn how to make pork curry at home with this cheap, quick and easy recipe. This delicious pork curry recipe is a real family favourite
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Spicy pepper pulled pork
By Jessica Dady • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Uncle Ben's rice changes name and logo after racial stereotyping criticisms
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Nando’s have launched their new lunch menu – including a PERi-PERi rice bowl!
By Lucy Buglass • Published
Are Claire and Jesse still together? MAFS Australia season 10 update
Find out if Married at First Sight couple Claire and Jesse are still together, after a pretty disastrous honeymoon.
By Ellie Hutchings • Published