A tasty weekend family pork roast with apples, cannellini beans and white wine sauce and seasoned with fresh herbs.
Need some tips when it comes to roasting pork? Our step-by-step how to cook roast pork guide is sure to help!
- 1.5kg loin of pork, off the bone and skin removed
- 25g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 4-6 stalks of celery, thickly sliced
- 3 apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 400ml white wine
- 2 tins of cannellini beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan ovens/gas mark 6.
- Trim the pork of any excess fat, and tie the loin with a few pieces of string to keep it in a long roll shape. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large casserole with the butter and 2tbsp olive oil. Fry the pork until it is golden. Add the garlic, rosemary, bay leaves, celery, apples and wine. Bring to a simmer and over with a lid, or a piece of greaseproof paper. Place in the oven for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins' cooking time, add the cannellini beans and return to the oven for a further 30 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the pork and leave to rest for about 10 mins, keeping it loosely covered in foil.
- Divide the cannellini beans, apples, celery and sauce between warmed plates/bowls, removing the rosemary stalks, bay leaves and garlic if you prefer not to serve them.
- Cut the pork into thick slices and sit on the plates/bowls. Serve straight away.
Top Tip for making Pot roast pork with apples
For a wonderful flavour, squash the rosemary stalks, bay leaves and garlic into the sauce.