Potato and artichoke salad is another great potato salad combination, made with low fat natural yoghurt so it isn't as calorific as some traditional potato salads which are made with a mayonaise dressing. Not only is it healthy but it is really easy to make and great for feeding a group. Serve as a side dish with grilled meats or white fish. If you're looking for a crowd-pleaser with minimal effort then this is the potato salad recipe for you! Will keep in the fridge for a couple of days too.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) large British potatoes e.g. Charlotte
- 400g can artichoke hearts, drained well
- 150ml (5fl oz) low fat natural yoghurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tsp mild mustard
- Large handful parsley, finely chopped
- Small handful basil leaves, chopped
- Cut the potatoes into 4 lengthways to make wedges, put into boiling salted water, cover and cook them 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Do not over cook or they will break up.
- Meanwhile, put the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and mustard into a bowl and whisk together until smooth, stir in the herbs.
- Place the artichoke hearts on kitchen paper to absorb any excess water then cut in half.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool. Put into a serving dish with the artichokes and drizzle over the yoghurt dip.