Try these little pots of sweet shrimps and delicate crabmeat in a zesty lime, fresh mint and flaked chilli butter – delicious served on warm ciabatta bread
- 100g (3½oz) butter
- 100g (3½oz) cooked and peeled small prawns or shrimps
- 100g (3½oz) white crabmeat
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 rounded tsp chopped fresh mint
- Good pinch of dried chilli flakes, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 long slices of ciabatta bread, toasted, to serve
Put the butter in a measuring jug in the microwave and cook on High for 2 mins, until it melts. Leave for about 10 mins for the milky solids to settle at the bottom.
Meanwhile, mix the prawns, or shrimps, crabmeat, lime zest, mint, chilli flakes, if using, and seasoning. Divide this mixture between 2 ramekin dishes, packing it in fairly well. Pour over the clarified butter (strain it through a fine sieve) to cover the fish, leaving behind the milky solids. Chill for about 45 mins until set. Serve at room temperature, with toasted ciabatta. The potted fish will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.