Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Wow your friends and family with this mouth-watering, surprisingly easy to make Prosecco, white chocolate and rose Bundt cake.
Prosecco, white chocolate and rose Bundt cake is a real show-stopper, but is so light with delicate flavours that go so well together. This cake is seriously elegant and would make a wonderful cake for a special occasion, including birthdays and Mother's Day (opens in new tab). Share with friends over a glass of Prosecco; they go hand in hand!
- 250g butter, softened
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 140ml carton buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4tbsp prosecco
- A few dashes rose water
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 375g self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the drizzle:
- 150g white chocolate
- 3tbsp prosecco
- 2tbsp single cream
- pink food colouring gel
- rose petals
- Heat the oven to 160C, gas 3. Butter a 2.5-litre Bundt tin. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. In a jug, mix together the buttermilk, eggs, prosecco, rose water, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Pour this into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Next, sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda over the wet cake mix, then fold in carefully until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt tin and bake for 50 mins to 1 hr until risen and firm, and a metal skewer comes out clean when inserted. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 20 mins, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the drizzle, gently melt the chocolate with the prosecco and cream in a small pan. Once melted, stir through the pink food colouring, then drizzle over the cake. Scatter over the rose petals and serve.