Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Fancy some fondue? Try it Mexican style with added chorizo, tequila, tomatoes and celery. Cheesey and delicious, this is the perfect sharing stater for any dinner party or evening in
- 3 large plum tomatoes
- ½tbsp olive oil
- 165g chorizo, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3tbsp tequila
- 1tsp tomato purée
- 2tsp roughly chopped oregano
- 125g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- warm flour tortillas, to serve
- Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- With a knife, mark a cross on the bottom of each tomato, just piercing the skin. Cover with boiling water and count to 20. Drain, run under cold water, then peel and dice them into small cubes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil and chorizo.
- Cook for 5 mins, letting the chorizo release its fat and breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic and cumin and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the tequila, tomatoes and purée and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated and you are left with a ragu-like chorizo sauce.
- Finally, add the oregano and check for seasoning.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of a gratin dish.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together in a bowl, then sprinkle over the chorizo mixture.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. You could also put the gratin dish under the grill if you prefer. Serve with warm tortillas.
Top Tip for making Mexican cheese fondue with chorizo
The fondue can be made with just cheese, or have a variety of extras sitting on top or under the surface.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
By Jessica Ransom • Published
White Fish and Chorizo Stew
Our white fish and chorizo stew is a really simple dish but full of flavour.
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Gousto warm meat-free sausage, mustard and broccoli salad
This filling meat-free sausage, mustard, and broccoli salad recipe is part of Joe Wicks' Feel Good Fuel range from Gousto...
By Joe Wicks • Published
These coconut macaroons are an amazing three-ingredient recipe and they're ready in less than 20 minutes. A quick and easy sweet.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Chocolate orange cake
This more-ish chocolate orange cake is great for making with the kids in the holidays. Make sure you get first dibs on licking the chocolate bowl though!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Gordon Ramsay's Black Forest cake
A beautiful, decadent Black Forest cake with moist chocolate sponge and kirsch-soaked cherries. A truly epic teatime treat.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
The Queen's early morning sweet snack is very pricey
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published