On a diet? You can still enjoy a cheeky weekend pizza with Rosemary Conley’s diet four cheese pizza recipe. Full of flavour and ready in just 45 mins
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g tomato passata
- Pinch Italian seasoning
- 1 large ready-made pizza base, we used Sainsbury's Thin & Crispy 10" Pizza Base
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, wiped and thinly sliced
- 50g ricotta cheese
- 20g Gorgonzola cheese
- 30g low-fat mature cheese, grated
- 2tsp Parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, grated
- a few basil leaves, shredded
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Place the onion, garlic, passata and Italian seasoning in a blender and grind coarsely.
Place the pizza base on a non-stick baking tray. Spoon the tomato mixture over leaving a border around the edge. Scatter with the sliced chilli and cover with all the cheeses. Bake near the top of the oven for 20 minutes.
Just before serving scatter with shredded basil. Serve hot with a tossed salad.
Top tip for making Quick four-cheese pizza
Pizza bases can be stored and cooked from frozen for a quick meal.