This Thai green dip makes a nice change from your usual hummus and creamy dips. A healthy blend of broad beans, peas, fresh herbs and spring onion, the mixture of soy sauce and Thai herbs brings plenty of flavour to the dish
- 100g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp frozen Thai herb mix
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- Dash of Thai fish or soy sauce
- Good squeeze of lime juice, optional
- Handful of fresh coriander (or mint) leaves, optional
- Young carrots, radishes, cauliflower florets, and pepper strips
- Pitta bread, toasted
- Bring 200ml water to the boil in a pan. Add the beans, peas, spring onions and herbs, half cover with a lid and simmer for 5-8 mins, until tender. With a stick blender, purée the vegetables, herbs and liquid in the pan, adding the oil and fish or soy sauce, plus lime juice and coriander or mint, if using, to taste.
- Serve with the fresh veg and pitta bread, for dipping.
Top Tip for making Quick Thai green dip
If you don’t have frozen Thai herbs, you can use Thai green curry paste instead.