Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Impress your friends and family with this roast duck with grapefruit and green bean salad. This dish only takes 25 mins to make. Leave time to marinate your duck before cooking, as this will ensure it's full of flavour.
- 6 duck breasts, skin scored
- 2tbsp sumac
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- zest 1 orange
- 200g green beans, topped
- 2 red grapefruit, cut into segments, any juice reserved
- 20g parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 250g Merchant Gourmet quinoa mix
- 2tbsp hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2tbsp hazelnut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Marinate the duck in the sumac, cumin and orange zest for at least 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 220C/gas mark 7. Sear the duck in a very hot pan, skin side down, for 4-5 mins, then transfer to the oven to cook for 7 mins. Rest for 10 mins, before slicing.
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 2-3 mins, then drain and refresh under cold water. Toss together the grapefruit, parsley, onion, quinoa and beans on a platter with the duck arranged on top. Scatter with hazelnuts and a drizzle of the reserved grapefruit juice, hazelnut oil or olive oil.
Top Tip for making Roast duck with grapefruit and green bean salad
Sumac is easily found in supermarkets and gives the duck a sweet flavour a bit like using 5-spice in Chinese cuisine.