It is great to have a salad but we all love a hearty meal also. This salad combines both perfectly. The roasted vegetables add so much flavour and is a great way to have a healthy meal. This delicious dish is packed full of flavour and only takes 30 mins to cook in total. Full of healthy ingredients, you can have this dish as a light dinner and a healthy leftover lunch the next day.
- 450g butternut squash, cubed
- 2 red peppers
- 4 aubergines
- 4 courgettes
- 4 red onions
- 600g chickpeas (cooked weight)
- 80ml olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/425F/Fan 200C/Gas Mark 7
- Cut all of the vegetables into large chunks , brush with a little of the oil and roast until tender.
- Mix the roasted vegetables and the chickpeas.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the oil, lemon juice, garlic and thyme together. Cover the salad with the dressing. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve
Top Tip for making Roast vegetable and chickpea salad
You could spice this salad up a little by adding a little chilli powder to the vegetables.