Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This succulent rack of venison is roasted with crushed juniper berries and cloves. Creme de Cassis is simmered in the roasting tin and reduced to make a delicious sauce.
- 750g (1½lb) eight-rib rack of venison
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp juniper berries, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbs chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 5 tbs Crème de Cassis
- 200ml (7fl oz) hot beef stock
- 4 tbs cranberry and red onion chutney (we used Baxters)
- Set oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Put the venison into a roasting tin, push a sharp knife into the meat several times and season well. Sprinkle with the juniper berries, garlic and thyme. Roast for 30 mins.
- Remove meat from roasting tin, cover with foil and keep it warm. Put the roasting tin on the hob over a high heat, pour in the Crème de Cassis and let it bubble for 1 min, then add the beef stock and boil for a few mins until reduced to a light syrup.
- Meanwhile, spread chutney over the venison and return it to the oven for 3 mins. To serve: Cut into chops and spoon Crème de Cassis sauce over.
Top Tip for making Roasted rack of venison with cranberries
If you’re not keen on venison, substitute it for two racks of lamb instead.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Slimming World's roast dinner
By Slimming World • Published
Harissa roast chicken with jewelled cous cous
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
This easy coffee fudge recipe makes the ultimate grown up sweet treat. Using strong coffee and just five ingredients all together, it makes a great gift or an ideal after dinner sweet.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
These coconut macaroons are an amazing three-ingredient recipe and they're ready in less than 20 minutes. A quick and easy sweet.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Chocolate orange cake
This more-ish chocolate orange cake is great for making with the kids in the holidays. Make sure you get first dibs on licking the chocolate bowl though!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Gordon Ramsay's Black Forest cake
A beautiful, decadent Black Forest cake with moist chocolate sponge and kirsch-soaked cherries. A truly epic teatime treat.
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Pizza Hut is launching a roast dinner pizza and food fans are torn
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
You can now get your Toby Carvery roast dinner delivered with Just Eat
That’s right, a roast dinner delivered to your door
By Jessica Ransom • Published