Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
For a delicious dinner that’s full of flavour and takes no time at all to prep, try this tasty roasted veg dish this week for a flavoursome main meal option. Whether you’re vegetarian or just want to cut down of meat, this is a great option to go for to help you on your way to five-a-day. Roasted vegetables are full of colour and flavour and adding honey and feta turns these roasted vegetables into a deliciously indulgent vegetarian main course. Red peppers are a great source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, while carrots are known to be high in vitamin A and C among other great antioxidants and vitamins. Courgettes have a meaty texture that gives this dish an added benefit, while they also contain a good amount of dietary fibre and vitamins. Butternut squash are really low in fat but make a filling and colourful element to this dish too. You’ll find this dish to be the tastiest way to get to your five-a-day that the whole family will love.
- 2 red peppers, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 500g (1lb 2oz) baby courgettes, halved diagonally
- 2 red onions, each cut into 4 chunks
- ½ butternut or winter squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6tbsp olive oil, for roasting
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 200g (7oz) feta cheese
- 3 to 4tbsp manuka honey
- To make this superfood recipe (opens in new tab), preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin with the olive oil. Season, add the thyme, then roast for about 40 mins.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes and add to the vegetables. Gently stir through with the honey. Return to the oven for another 5 mins before serving. You can serve this either straight from the oven or at room temperature.
Top Tip for making Roasted vegetables with honey and feta cheese
You can chop and change the vegetables in this recipe, according to the season. Aubergine, fennel and mushrooms all work well, too.