These chicken skewers are so easy to make, but are explosive in flavour.
- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp mnced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 350g/12oz in total weight
- sweet chilli dipping sauce, to serve
- Mix together the sugar, minced garlic and ginger, sherry and soya sauce to a smooth paste. Stir in the chicken and leave to marinate for 10 mins. (If you have time, you can make this up the night before and leave overnight to marinate, to allow the flavours to penetrate the meat even better)
- Thread the chicken onto six metal skewers or wooden skewers that have been soaked in cold water for 30 mins to prevent them from burning.
- Preheat the grill and arrange the skewers on a foil lined tray. Grill for 5-6 mins, then turn over, baste with more marinade and grill for a further 5 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately on top of stir-fried noodles with finely shredded red pepper, carrot, shredded spring onion and fresh coriander. Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
A great British favourite, this Indian tandoori chicken is very tasty and spicy and easy to cook. Serve it up with a yogurt dip and your favourite kind of naan bread.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Chicken breast with lemon and tarragon sauce
This tangy stuffed chicken recipe with dairy-free sauce is ready in just under an hour and it goes well with Dauphinois potatoes or even a simple serving of vegetables or rice
By GoodtoKnow Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay Published
Gingerbread cuckoo clock
A festive project that doubles as a decoration with the ultimate wow factor!
By Rose Fooks Published
Air fryer French toast bites
If you like French toast, you're going to love these air fryer French toast bites - the perfect weekend treat...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Air fryer fish tacos
Say hello to these mouthwatering air fryer fish tacos ready and on the table in just 20 minutes...
By Nathan Anthony Published
Is the Thai Cave Rescue series based on a true story?
Events depict a dangerous deep cave rescue attempt with a looming monsoon. And viewers want to know if The Thai Cave Rescue is based on a true story or not.
By Lucy Wigley Published
Why is it called Coronation chicken? Origins and original recipe
A quick history lesson on the popular sandwich filler!
By Emily Stedman Published
Chicken Run: Dawn of the Nugget - everything we know so far about the new movie
A release date for the second instalment has been confirmed and it's eggs-cellent news for fans...
By Selina Maycock Published