This impressive dish takes just minutes to prepare - and makes the perfect main course for a romantic dinner for two.
- 90g (3oz) basmati rice
- 60g (2oz) frozen peas
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1 Jazz apple, sliced through the core into 8 slices (discard the top and bottom slices and remove the pips)
- 200g (7oz) black pudding ring, skinned and cut into 10 slices
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 10-12 fresh scallops (220g pack), muscle removed
- A few rocket leaves, to garnish
- Also: dariole moulds or rings
- Rinse the rice and cook it according to pack directions for 8-10 mins. Add the peas for the last couple of minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a third of the butter with a dash of oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Add the 6 apple slices and cook over a medium heat for about 4 mins, until browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside in a warm oven.
- Add the slices of black pudding to the buttery juices in the pan and cook for a minute on each side. Place with the apple slices in the oven. Season the rice and peas, add a dash of oil and spoon into dariole moulds or rings and turn out on to 2 warm plates. Arrange the apple slices, with the black pudding on top, around the rice on the plates.
- Wipe the frying pan clean, add the rest of the butter and, when foaming, add the scallops and cook for a minute on each side. Watch that the butter does not brown too much. Place the scallops on the black pudding, spoon the buttery juices over and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Garnish with rocket leaves. Serve hot with more salad, if you like.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Stewed apples recipe
This stewed apples recipe is easy to make and versatile. Use use them to make apple pie, crumble or serve with roast pork. Ready in 30 minutes...
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Slimming World's chilli and cauliflower rice recipe
This Slimming World chilli and cauliflower rice is easy to make, but healthy and satisfying to eat - the perfect mid-week supper that will please the whole family!
By Slimming World • Published
Quick apple croissants
Thought apple croissants could only be made using complex baking techniques? This quick apple croissants recipe is just the cheat you need.
By Miriam Habtesellasie • Published
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published